Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nuclear Ubermensch

Col. Brakrage:

I need a favor but before I get into that I have one thing to say. I'm all for nuclear energy but against atomic supermen, unless they're American or non-French speaking Canadian. To the bottom of my heart, I apologize for the tuba incident. I thought your family would be amused. I was wrong. Very wrong. I apologize and hope that Whiskers make's a full and speedy recovery. I also hope and know that Snowball is in a better place right now where the fire hydrants are large and the milk bones are like brontosaurus thighs.

Now, despite what our last conversation might have implied the only patriotic blood I bleed is red followed by white and blue. I am more American than apple pie or Abraham Lincoln. Because of this I know you can do your friend a favor. A very simple one. All I need you to do is make one phone call and have McCarthy's storm troopers sniff another trail. Not that there's anything to be found if they were. I would never find myself confiding with the sickle or the hammer.

P.S. I promise to replace the piano I destroyed.

Sincerely,
Roger
March 1954

No comments:

Post a Comment