Saturday, November 6, 2010

Two Avatars

Two avatars, in a fantasy themed MMORPG video game , are talking to each other courtesy of V/O IP as they walk in the fields of Elttaes Notgnihsaw. The Dwarf says to The Wizard, “I have noticed that a lion is most dangerous near the end of its life. This led me to the inescapable conclusion that the pillars that support our affluent society are collapsing. Now the bare bone structures are being revealed for what they truly are. Frivolous buttresses supporting nothing. Let us hope that they can support all the weight that has recently made their acquaintance and has created an unbearable burden on his talcum spine. But I am pretty sure that many things will not endure. However make sure your polygons don't fret. This mass entropy happens every few generations or so. When society is forced to think, rethink and adapt or risk its own extinction by failing to 'go with the program' and 'let blood', if you will. To change according to its circumstances; oh brother it is not chaos even though it appears that way. Chaos has passed. Now we’re in entropy and it is a beautiful sight just make sure you're wearing the right eyewear because looking at entropy's a lot like looking at the sun during a total lunar solar eclipse. What do you think?"

The computer generated Wizard will reply to The Dwarf by saying: "I think what makes us human is slowly being taken away from us. Vicarious living through technology has stripped away a lot of our humanity. I have grown tired of the simulated life and all its empty promises that do nothing but multiply my existential hunger. I wrote all about the reasons why I'm doing in this on my blog. You were a good friend Gimri. We have vanquished many foes with the sword; with your hammer and my staff we have wrecked many trolls and demons acquiring their much coveted XP. I want you to know that I consider you to be as my brother, if not by blood but by pixel are we brothers and I am glad to have known you for you have been a most awesome B-F-F, and I hoping to be considered likewise in your eyes. Your physical prowess and my magic have made us an unstoppable duo for the last three weeks and a half weeks but you alone now must slay the Dragon of Ragnorak at the City of Mist, along the Coast of Nhoj the Remmargrop. It is a shame we have never met in person but San Diego is so far from Tulsa and I simply have not acquired enough frequent-flyer miles to offset the travel costs considerably to make the trip worthwhile. And now I never will for I have friend requested The Grim Reaper and he has approved. Goodbye old friend. May all your subsequent days be Valhalla on Earth. Goodbye." Then on the other end of the phone call we hear a gunshot, and then a short while later a thud, a crash and The Dwarf saying to the Wizard, "George? Are you alright?"

No comments:

Post a Comment