Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hippos in the Living Room

I had a dream that went as followed. I was hired to become a special education teacher's assistant to an attractive teacher named Claudia (who, for some reason, also pulls double duty as the bus driver for the little bus that takes the special kids to school). This bus she drove picked me up in my old cul-de-sac in Rockland County. karaoke, I am invited to a home with hippos in the living room. The floor was covered in a transparent oil-like substance somewhere between KY Jelly, vegetable oil and sucrose. I am up to my ankles in this fluid. The man, whose we were inviting to, went on about how his home - the living room, especially - was once an oil refinery until things were "cleaned up for the betterment of all". Suddenly, one of the hippos swimming in "the fluid" tries to eat me and the attractive friend that was with me. The owner said they were hippos after all and "should be excused for all their transgressions, small to many," then he said, "We should keep our distance.

Immediately, after this the owner took me, and me alone, outside to show me the way out of his home. It turned out that I was in Columbus Circle, in close proximity to the Time Warner Building. It turned out, I was on the large rampart several feet off the ground. Then he climbed down the walls in a way which made me both envious and scared because I knew I could not replicate his style of climbing, which closely resembled strategic free-falling and grabbing hold of a protruding stone on the wall at the last possible moment. In spite of the free I decided to climb down the wall in my own way (without copying what I saw worked for someone else). I successfully climbed down to street level. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment